Monday, November 10, 2014

Relax with your dog



Today is the one year anniversary of our adoption of Bella! What a joy she has brought my husband who is battling cancer and me, his caregiver!

Not sure how easy it is to relax with your dog, but sometimes if my one year old pit bull is tuckered out enough, she will lay calmly with me. Bella is quite a joy and loves to cuddle! I actually found myself spooning her one night? Who does that? She was such a warm comfort to me while my husband was hospitalized.

But I am a bit too hyper myself to actually rest or lie down during the day. My idea of relaxing comes in the form of brisk walking with Bella. Since the day we brought her home (a month ago today), she and I have enjoyed our daily 45 minute to one hour walks. We rarely alter the route that she knows by heart.

I must say the walks weren't always relaxing, in fact the first few months were anything but relaxing. But, once she learned not to pull and to stay at my side, we were able to enjoy a stress-free walk!

I am so grateful to have our puppy as she has been with us through my husband's illness offering me comfort and solace. The walks relax and revitalize me daily.

Relaxing with your dog can be as simple as taking a nap or taking a walk. Either way, dogs bring great comfort to the spirit!

No comments: