Monday, February 22, 2016

My friend, Sue, recently sent me a reflection about grief that really resonated with me. I do not know the author, but would like to share a few of their thoughts:
There is no pushing through,
But rather
There is absorption
Adjustment
Acceptance
And grief is not something that you complete
But rather you endure
Grief is not a task to finish,
And move on,
But an element of yourself
An alteration of your being
A new way of seeing
A new definition of self

I consider myself newly defined, though different from a year ago, I am better, stronger, more independent and more confident. I did it. I suffered an awful loss after an unnecessary terminal illness. I lost my best friend who was supposed to spend 40 years with me. He promised. He is still with me, just in a different way. I feel his strength. I feel his support. And, yes, sometimes I feel his head nodding in concern  saying, "Now Kasey!"  

No comments: