Monday, August 8, 2011

Relax on a couch

This is one of our pages from our "Relax" book which says, "Relax on a couch." How often do you allow yourself to just sit or lie down on your couch for a few minutes or hours a day? You can sleep, read a magazine or book, or you can just sit and think. You can think about your day: how it has gone or how you anticipate it going. You can think about how you could have done things better or what you need to do better for the remainder of the day. It is good to reflect on your day each day just to keep yourself grounded.

My husband has taught me how to relax, though, as I have stated in another blog, I am a work in progress. I have come a long way, I can say that, but still could just sit and relax a little bit more after a day of work. In the summer, I do try to sit on the couch once a day and either watch a mindless TV show, read a magazine or just take a nap. I am off of work during the summer so I best relax around noon each day when I take a nap on the couch in our sunroom. It is very relaxing and I feel very rejuvenated afterwards.

What do you do to relax? Do you make time to just sit or lie down on the couch each day and either nap or reflect or do something mindless? What about your children? Do they ever take time to relax? Maybe you can have "couch time" set aside during the day?

No comments: